• facebook-square

© 2014 by Brass Tacks Inc.

28350 CR 317
#12 Buffalo Peaks Center                

Buena Vista, CO 81211


kflowers@bvpregnancycenter.com


Phone: 719-395-6703

Emergency Help Line: 303-587-7098

 

Monday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Wednesday: 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.

Thursday: 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.

Donate

Click on the link below to help us continue helping all who come:

 

 

 

Follow Us

Contact Us

Find us

Condom Use

Condoms cannot completely protect against any STD that has been studied. Reducing the risk against STDs requires condom use 100% of the time and using it correctly by following a specific 6-step procedure.

Even then, there is no clinical proof that condoms are effective in reducing the risk of infection from chlamydia, genital herpes, HPV, syphilis, or trichomoniasis. Condoms have been found to reduce the risk of HIV/AIDS transmission during vaginal sex by 85% when used properly, but that still leaves a 15% risk of infection.

As far as complete protection from pregnancy, for each year of use there is a 14% pregnancy rate if not used 100% of the time and following the 6 step process exactly, and a 3% rate if you do use them correctly.

 

Did you know?

There are many conditions that affect the effectiveness of a condom:

  • Standard condoms must be manufactured, shipped, and stored in 49-84 F degree temperature range to maintain quality. 

  • Condoms are cold, heat, pressure, ozone, and time sensitive. 30 minutes in a wallet in a back pocket of jeans will begin to affect the latex due to heat and pressure. Two hours in a loose pocket will begin to affect the efficiency of the condom due to body heat. Condoms left in a glove box of a car will be subject to heat destruction because as the car interior temperatures can become extremely hot or cold. 

  • Condoms are a latex product and are subject to rapid deterioration in commonly occurring conditions.

  •  Studies also show that condoms break or slip up to 3.6 % of the time.